Known as Steel Empire everywhere other than PAL, and coming as a recommendation I set about building my empire, in steel… Continue reading
What better why to celebrate the time of the year where all English people pretend to give a fuck about Tennis and foray into a Genesis classic. So don your straw boater and ready the Pimms for we are about to get crazy with SPORTS! Continue reading
I love Light Gun Games, but what about the guns themselves? are they any good?
Well wonder no more, for I have gotten my hands on as many as I can and played as many games as possible with them,. So here is my none definitive list* of best Light Gun Guns. I will rate them on the following:
- Comfort: How comfortable is the thing to hold: Too heavy, feels cheap, awkward?
- Game Support: All the ergonomic design in the world won’t make up for having one game released for it will it?
- Value for money**: This is surprisingly multifaceted. Games are covered on their own section but one great game doesn’t make a £50 gun a good investment, and do you need to buy other add-ons to make it work?
- Does it actually work?: Simple really, but does the gun hit what I am pointing at? Some games worked off grids so if you’re in the same post code you’ll hit. Some are ultra accurate and to hit the exact same spot twice in a row you need a sniper rifle and a tripod.
- My Rating: Perhaps the most important aspect, do I like the gun. Does it annoy me, do I rush to play that console because the gun is such a pleasure to hold? Or would I rather sodomise myself with the gun than actually use it as a gun.
- Overall: The previous points are all scored out of 10. This is me trying to add up numbers to achieve an overall figure.
I will only include “main” guns that were released in the UK that I can get my hands on, they can either be first or 3rd party guns but they need to have sold more than three guns. So that weird ultra realistic Chinese import you had and loved doesn’t count, or the JAP/US only guns. I don’t do imports, but if you have one let me know and I’ll consider adding it.
* I am not including consoles that have wooden panelling or on-screen displays that make the NES look ultra Hi-Def.
** Where prices are stated the UK price is based on what I consider reasonable on eBay, the US is rounded up or down. Conversion based on exchange rates in May 2017 Continue reading
I really didn’t like Golden Axe, and while Golden Axe II was slightly better, it still wasn’t a good game. So rather than prolonging my suffering I decided to play the final installment in the Golden Axe saga (that isn’t an arcade exclusive, or a Sega Game Gear game). Golden Axe 3 was a Japan exclusive, but did feature on the Sega Channel for a while in the US, but on the whole, isn’t the most well known of the three.
So where does Golden Axe 3 sghape up then, and have they finally polished a turd? Continue reading
Gunstar Heroes – because sometimes, ‘fuck it, shoot the thing’ is all you really need. Continue reading